SEASONAL INFLUENZA VACCINATION PROGRAMME 2020/21
Click the following link for a list of eligible patients ‘Clinical At Risk Groups’ who are entitled to book for a flu vaccine.
Flu clinic will be accessed strictly by appointment only this year. Please book on line through patient services 24/7 or contact reception staff after 2pm any day to book as follows:
Adults 18+ years (in an at risk group) - clinics will be from Monday to Friday mornings from 9am to 12:45pm
Children 6 mths to 17 years inc - clinics Monday and Friday afternoons 2pm to 5:10pm
Adults between 50 & 65 years not in an at risk group will be contacted separately around December to be offer influenza vaccine.
- Please queue outside the building as indicated
- Please adhere to social distancing outside the practice.
- Appointments must be attended strictly on time.
- Be at the front door no more than 5 minutes in advance of appointment times
- Patients will be met at the front door by staff
- A sign posted one way system will be in place to exit the practice.
- Please wear a mask and ensure your arm is accessible.
- 5 minutes appointment slots will strictly adhered to.
- No other clinical issues can be addressed at the flu appointment.
Patients attending an appointment with the Practice Nurse, Lynn Martin or Health Care Assistant, Julie Weir can receive their influenza vaccine at the time if eligible and vaccines is in stock.
Contact reception if special arrangements need to be made for patients with conditions such as dementia.
District Nurses will routinely be in touch to vaccinate those patients on their call lists and those who are housebound can arrange appointments through their call management line on 0845 600 3111
Patients who do not meet the criteria to receive influenza vaccination can obtain private vaccine through many local Pharmacies:
Medicare Victoria - offering at the end of Sept - patients must ring to pre book an appointment
McFarlanes - offering in Oct - patients must ring and give details prior - pharmacy will then be in contact
McCoubreys - not taking any calls/appointments until October. All patients must wait until then to give details.
Boots Larne - offering appointments from late Sep that can be booked online currently.
Calwells, Flemings, Sunnylands & Medicare High Street are not offering the flu vaccine when contacted.