SEASONAL INFLUENZA VACCINATION PROGRAMME 2020/21
This year participating community pharmacies across Northern Ireland will be able to provide flu vaccinations for all HSCWs. This service is provisionally due to start week commencing 28th September 2020 and has been developed in partnership with DoH, HSCB, PHA and Community Pharmacy NI (CPNI). The map of participating pharmacies in your area can be obtained by visiting: www.pha.site/CPFV.
Click the following link for 'At Risk Group & on line booking information' for this years flu clinics. You don't have to ring us to make an appointment. See the easy to follow instructions on the above link to book your appointment through patient services where you can also order your prescriptions 24/7.
Flu clinic will be accessed strictly by appointment only this year. Please book on line click for patient services instructions and book your appointment 24/7 or contact reception staff after 2pm any day to book as follows:
Adults 18+ years (in an at risk group) - clinics will be from Monday to Friday mornings from 9am to 12:45pm
Children 6 mths to 17 years (see at risk groups)- clinics Monday and Friday afternoons 2pm to 5:10pm
Adults between 50 & 65 years not in an at risk group will be contacted separately around December to be offer influenza vaccine.
- people who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill
- household contacts of those on the NHS Shielded Patient List, or immunocompromised individuals, specifically individuals who expect to share living accommodation with a shielded patient on most days over the winter and therefore for whom continuing close contact is unavoidable.
- HSC employed staff - Note: staff must provide proof they are working in the health and social care sectors either via an employer photo identification badge/ or other proof of employment in a health or social care setting, e.g. payslip, letter from employer on official letterhead plus photographic proof of identification
- Please queue outside the building as indicated
- Please adhere to social distancing outside the practice.
- Appointments must be attended strictly on time.
- Be at the front door no more than 5 minutes in advance of appointment times
- Patients will be met at the front door by staff
- A sign posted one way system will be in place to exit the practice.
- Please wear a mask and ensure your arm is accessible.
- 5 minutes appointment slots will strictly adhered to.
- No other clinical issues can be addressed at the flu appointment.
Patients attending an appointment with the Practice Nurse, Lynn Martin or Health Care Assistant, Julie Weir can receive their influenza vaccine at the time if eligible and vaccines is in stock.
Contact reception if special arrangements need to be made for patients with conditions such as dementia.
District Nurses will routinely be in touch to vaccinate those patients on their call lists.
Patients who do not meet the criteria to receive influenza vaccination can obtain private vaccine through many local Pharmacies:
Medicare Victoria - offering at the end of Sept - patients must ring to pre book an appointment
McFarlanes - offering in Oct - patients must ring and give details prior - pharmacy will then be in contact
McCoubreys - not taking any calls/appointments until October. All patients must wait until then to give details.
Boots Larne - offering appointments from late Sep that can be booked online currently.
Calwells, Flemings, Sunnylands & Medicare High Street are not offering the flu vaccine when contacted.